1. RSS stands for “Rich Site Summary” which is a format to deliver content that changes frequently on your website.
2. People looking for fresh content on the Internet will want to grab your RSS feed to have it automatically sent to their e-mail box so they do not have to go back and look for new info in the future.
3. When people subscribe to your RSS feed this builds your credibility as an expert in the field of whatever it is you are writing about. When your subscriber count starts going up your website will soon become a authority website on the Internet.
4. With a large subscriber list you are guaranteed to get a lot of visitors to your website. Lots of visitors guarantees a interactive website full of new information and content.
5. Search engines like Google and Yahoo love sites with large RSS feed subscribers. Google knows how many subscribers you have if you use their Feedburner service. When Google sees large numbers in there and new subscribers being added they are going to send you more search visitors to your site.
6. Your RSS feed could be picked up by a major website and used as new content or a bunch of smaller websites could use it. Small websites use your content as new content for their sites but now you have links coming back to your site. When Google, Yahoo, and MSN see links coming back to your site your site will get pushed up in the search engine rankings and more visitors will enter.
7. Your readers privacy will be kept in tact for the ones who do not want to sign up for a newsletter. Many websites make you enter a email address to get new info. With a RSS feed, your readers don’t have to submit their info unless they want to. All you need to know is that you have another subscriber who wants to know what your writing about.
8. Making money. Large companies will approach website owners who have a large number of subscribers because they know that you have a loyal and growing fan base. Major companies will offer to pay you to advertise on your website because they know you are going to have repeat traffic and if you support a product then they might do it to.
9. With your RSS feed your links embedded in the feed will help build your search engine rankings for a specific keyword or phrase you might be ranking for. Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines follow your RSS feed link and use those keywords to rank you. Make sure you write your posts correctly with the write keywords and phrases.
10. By adding a little RSS button on your site you could effectively grow your sites visibility two fold without having to write more.