1. Barack Obama is running for the President of The United States right now and yet he has been on overseas trip trying to make friends with presidents and chancellors of nations in Europe and the middle east. He is trying to show the countries of the world that if was elected President of The United States that he would be able to give us a better image around the world. Thing is, people around the world do not hate us. If you have ever taken a trip outside of the United States you will find out that people love us and admire us. Sure there are small groups of people that do not like us but you can’t please them all. Why do you think we have such an immigration problem? Its not because people don’t want to come here. Imagine if the United States was located where Germany is in Europe. We would have illegals coming in from every direction.
2. Barack, your not the President, yet. Your probably going to win the election because the media loves you and wants to see that the United States gets a black man to be the President. John McCain is old news because he is a white guy and we have had many white Presidents before him. The media needs something new for ratings and to sell magazines.
3. Barack, if you really wanted to impress the American people why don’t you do some campaigning in the United States. Who cares about the rest of the world. There are a lot more problems going on here that need time to be spent on than overseas. What is great about the U.S is that we make changes (for better or worse) much faster than the rest of the world. We can make examples of ourselves and of what a great nation we are by helping ourselves first then worrying about other nations. I bet you would earn the respect from the people who you should be trying to earn it from most, the average American citizen.
4. Barack, do you really want to promote being a do-gooder? Here is a good idea. Get in a bus with everybody that works for your campaign, get a rake, a broom and a garbage can for every person that goes with you and drive to downtown Detroit and start cleaning up the city. Last time I checked the City of Detroit was in the United States and can vote for you. I bet if you spent one day with 500 people cleaning up as many neighborhoods as you can you will probably get some votes that way. I know things like homelessness, poverty, foreclosures, unemployment, high crime rates, shady political figures in office (yes Kwame that’s you), public schools closing, teachers losing their jobs, and the worst high school graduation rate in the country are not sexy things to talk about (mainly because there is no money for you or the government in poverty) but you could break the trend. You would be doing something called “leading by example” which every person can relate to.
5. Who cares about overseas when we have major issues here like inflation, job loss, immigration, and foreclosures just to start with. If I was the president of another country I would be like what are you doing here when you’ve got so much to do back home. It’s like going out and partying on a week night until 3 am knowing you have to be at work at 7am. You know you shouldn’t do it because your going to feel like crap the next day (if you make it to work) but its hard to pass up a good time.
6. I was watching TV last night and they interviewed some guy who runs a bakery in Israel who was making cakes on Barack’s behalf. The guy said that he hopes Barack wins the election so then it will help out Israel. Wait, What? Dude, if you think Barack is going to be able to help your country end this battle you have had going on with your neighbors for the past thousand years you are sadly mistaken. Barack was on TV talking about how he wants to help out Israel and other nations come to peace over there. Why can’t we all just come to the realization that all of those nations in the Mid East just do not like each other? They are going to continue to kill each other and history has proven that they are not going to stop even if they sign some dumb treaty. What we should do is let them continue fighting each other and whoever is left we will decide if we want to be friends with them.
7. Nothing that you do overseas is going to affect what happens in the United States.
8. To the people that actually have read about what each candidate stands for neither Barack Obama or John McCain are going to provide any drastic or if any change to what is happening in the United States or abroad. Unfortunately the average American citizen is worrying about how they are going to be able to put food on the table, save for retirement, put gas in their car, or make a payment to their 30 year mortgage without having to go into foreclosure to take the time to really see what each candidate stands for.
9. There was one candidate who we all should have voted for but nobody took the time to read what he stood for. Here was a guy who was going to eliminate income taxes, yes “eliminate income taxes” because they are unethical and go to a usage tax but the average American never heard about him on TV because unfortunately he is not a favorite with the media. Think about the one thing that really makes you mad that the Government does and the first thing that comes to your mind is always taxes. It does not matter how much or little you earn in a year you are affected by income taxes. So why is he not going to be elected? You had to go out of your way to hear about Ron Paul.
10. I guess I just do not get why Barack Obama is overseas except to try to push himself as a worldly kind of guy. I like that you want to know what’s going on and I know that you are a smart guy but to me if you are running for the President of The United States of America then you need to be in The United States of America. We have more than enough problems going on in our borders to keep you busy.