1. Give me something to do.
2. So I can use a computer for something else than looking at job websites all day.
3. Make it look like to my friends and family that I’m doing something all day. I don’t know how much they believe that looking for a career is a full time job nowadays.
4. Make some money to cover my traveling habit.
5. Learn something new…probably about something old…that’s been done a thousand time before.
6. Max out a 401k plan to take advantage of the crappy stock market. Buy low sell high bitches. Plus its the only way I can keep my taxabale income down when I don’t own a house, am married or have kids.
7. Support the profits of the oil companies by driving to work. Wait, I hate driving and gas that’s why I got a Ford Fusion and requested a 4 cylinder. I made them drive to Ohio to get it.
8. Maybe my new employer would have a tuition reimbursement so I can get re-um-educated again.
9. Eventhough I still would not buy a home in Michigan for another 6 months to a year it would be nice to be able to get approved on a home loan. I know a thing or two about home loans and that’s why I’m in my current predicament.
10. It does not matter how hard I try I can’t get up until 9am and I love getting up at 6am. A job would make me get my ass up and back on a schedule. There’s only so many re-runs of Dirty Jobs I can watch at 1am.