1. I would become the man.
2. I do my best to stay away from the man.
3. Not that many people get fired. Even if you do bad they still keep you at the same pay rank but move you into a less important role.
4. With everybody knowing what you get paid because of rank or level the competition for a promotion can be fierce.
5. Even during a recession the government is hiring which is crazy seeing that the private sector in a whole is not.
6. I am in favor of a much smaller government and for me to take a government job I would have to know that at least 5 other jobs were eliminated to save the tax payers money to pay my salary. This will not happen.
7. I have not found a government job yet that does not have a pension plan. Would be nice to know that there is something waiting there for me at the end.
8. 30 days paid vacation your first year, sick time, tuition reimbursement and in some cases a cost of living adjustment. Most private companies you are lucky to get one week off your first year.
9. A normal schedule that you can at least plan your day around.
10. What am I talking about? All of these issues sound great. Sign me up.