1. I would like to start this off with saying that I do not support Barack Obama at all. You can read my reasons to not vote for Barack Obama and agree or not agree. If anything there should be even more reasons to not vote for Barack than McCain but I am going to try to be fair. Well, maybe not. I don’t believe either candidate is going to change anything during their terms if they were to be elected. There was one candidate who was running against John McCain for the nomination from the Republican Party but obviously did not get the nomination. He did not get the recognition he deserved and its mainly because this guy did not get any love from the major media networks. I am not going to tell you who this was right now but at the end of this.
2. John McCain’s stance on the war in Iraq is one that is very little from Barack Obama’s. Neither of them want to have immediate troop removal. I get the feeling from reading John McCain’s website that he does not want to have the troops there anymore but feels that it is our responsibility to ensure that Iraq is turned over to a government that is ready to handle its new responsibilities. You can’t argue against his military knowledge. His counterinsurgency strategy is working. The question is why do we need a counterinsurgency strategy? Sure, did the U.S go into Iraq with poor information? Yes, we can all agree on that. The problem is that we are never going to be successful in the middle east. On top of that, what are we trying to achieve in Iraq or the middle east to being with? Do not give me this Al-Qaeda crap. Al-Qaeda is pissed because we are there. The best foreign policy is no foreign policy. If people want to have religion run their lives, so be it. We are not going to change anything that goes on over there. What we need to do is cut our losses, give the keys to Baghdad back to the interim Iraqi Government and leave. John McCain should just let it go and focus more on what’s going on in the U.S. If the war in Iraq is the main reason why people do not like George W. Bush than why would you vote for somebody who wants to stay there? There was this guy that said he would bring the troops home the next day after being elected. I guess having American soldiers getting killed for some reason that none of us have a clue about is ok because you did not take the time to read about all of the candidates.
3. John McCain’s National Defense stance is no surprise. I cannot say anything bad about his career in the Navy. He is the ultimate bad ass. Getting the opportunity to leave early from prison but does not because he wanted to stay with his fellow soldiers. I am sure that he has some stories that cannot be printed or told on tv. As you can see from his website he wants to have a larger military. He believes that we need to have a larger presence around the world. I really cannot believe that both of the leading candidates for President Of The United States think we need a larger military. What good is going to come from a larger military? None. I understand that there are these “rogue states” like Iran and North Korea but what makes them “rogue?” What are these countries trying to do to us? There must be something that you know that we do not. You probably got some information in a meeting with W. and he told you some stuff that you could use as a scare tactic. I don’t believe it anymore. Why would these countries want to start a war or launch an intercontinental ballistic missile at us? I don’t think they want to. What’s funnier is that John McCain wants to support “Smarter Defense Spending.” Um..huh? You just told us that you want to spend more money on soldiers salaries. How about just closing all of the bases around the world and bringing all of those troops home and making them get new jobs. I bet you this will save billions of dollars a year in defense spending. At the same time we would be taking our troops out of harms way and giving back the land we occupy in foreign countries back to them. There was this guy that was going to close all of our bases around the world the day after being elected President. He said that by doing so it would save enough money in one year to give all U.S citizens free health care if we wanted.
4. John McCains policy on the economy is better than Obama’s by a lot but still not good enough. I like how he wants to lower corporate taxes from 35% to 25% (when I read it was 35% I almost puked) and this is why its hard to do business here in the states. This does promote business but does nothing for wages. What good is new business without better wages. Sure, more firms will stay in the U.S if they get lowered taxes but shouldn’t your first order of business be to lower income taxes? There was a guy that was going to abolish the IRS the day after being sworn into the office of President. You have to ask yourself this question. Is lowering the taxes business (small or large) pay by 10% more than getting rid of the 15% income tax that most Americans pay? Last time I checked 15% is more than 10%. I bet even more businesses would come back to the U.S if the people that ran them saw that they were no longer going to have to pay income taxes themselves. Imagine how much money the U.S would save by no longer having to run the IRS. Its in the billions.
5. What is interesting about John McCain is that his website does not give as much information up as Barack Obama’s. I stopped while reading over McCain’s site and could not find that much information about how he was going to change more things just what he wanted to change. I kind of came to the conclusion that McCain wants to run a government that is not in our faces as much as Obama does. How I started writing this was going over the major points and coming to a conclusion. Its hard to give a lot of reasons not to vote for him if everything he has for me is little bits of info. There was no talk about 30 year mortgages or the growing foreclosure problem. With so much talk about these in the news every day I would at least like to know his take on it. If his take is nothing needs to be done by the government than I agree.
6. While I feel that John McCain is not going to change the day to day life of Americans he is not going to be as bad as Obama. Besides his take on Iraq and National Defense he actually is saying enough is enough on some major topics like health care. He does not want universal health care but wants a system that gives flexibility to each American citizen to decide what company they want to go with. I feel that this is not much different than right now because I currently buy my own health insurance. Its like $50 a month for catastrophic care.
7. Even his take on the Roe vs. Wade is not that bad but I do not totally agree with it. His site wants to get rid of the U.S Government from making any decision on the issue and give it back to the states. He then says he wants to end abortion. Well, you are giving up federal powers and giving it to the state powers. The states are still a government so its like nothing changed. All you did was pass the question on to the state, which I like, but the Roe vs. Wade and abortion issue should not be a government issue at all. I know by me saying that it makes me pro-choice and I would rather have a mom go through with abortion than raise a kid she does not care about. I remember reading the book called “Freakanomics” which discussed all of those weird economic numbers that never get talked about. It was interesting that in the book it showed how after abortion became legal that 16-20 years later crimes dropped around the country. The author says that there were less adolescents in those years in previous years in areas of the country that usually are high crime areas.
8. I just get the feeling that McCain has the opportunity to make some greater changes than what he wants to do. The issues he has that are important are things that should not be an issue. His take even on immigration brings up too many responses from me like, “duh.” Be harsh on companies hiring illegal citizens. Do background checks on illegal citizens here and determine if we should make them citizens. If they can then they need to pay us back taxes or get lost.
9. The sad thing is that I dislike John McCain less than I do Barack Obama. John McCain got all of the publicity because of his Naval career and American citizens relate to that because all of us know somebody who is in the military. Unfortunately this does not mean that your political policies are what’s best for the U.S. The issues I feel that are important, income taxes, economy, war in Iraq, less government, McCain misses out on. The guy that should have been the Republican nomination was Ron Paul. Imagine waking up the day after he was elected President and not paying income taxes. Bringing home ALL of our troops around the world and saving TRILLIONS of dollars that could be used to pay back all of our debts. Doing this would make the U.S dollar worth more and give more financial security to U.S citizens. Ron Paul would close a lot of failing government programs like social security. The only way to fund social security is to raise taxes. No where on McCains site does it talk about social security so I could not talk about it. Ron Paul was going to get rid of the Department of Education because it is proving that it is a failure. He wants to leave it up to the states to teach their kids what they think is important.
10. I almost do not want to vote this year and am debating whether or not I am going to. I absolutely do not want Barack Obama and do not feel that things are going to get worse or better with McCain. I am thinking about doing a write in vote and putting down Ron Paul. My hope is that in 4 years when they look at all of the votes maybe other people would have voted for him and the media would be like “how did Ron Paul take 7% of the vote?” It sucks because I really do not want Obama and get the same feeling every election year that my vote does not do anything. I would suggest to anybody that really wants to see what a visionary leader would have been to read Dr. Ron Paul’s websites and this video. It is one of the most viewed videos on YouTube ever. Hopefully it will move you and enlighten you.